missionary spirituality integrates gospel witness and proclamation.
draw our strength for the mission and our life inspiration from our contemplation
of Christ in the Eucharist.
open ourselves to God's presence by praying before the Blessed Sacrament
exposed in our chapels every day.
seek God through a strong commitment to spiritual life following St. Francis'
him we strive to live in the spirit of simplicity and poverty.
the heart of this spirituality is the image of Mary, who gave herself
totally to the plan of God for the life of the world.
live and share together in community, where we seek to live a real communion
with each other. This communion becomes a way of communicating the Good
News of the Gospel in the midst of the people to whom we are sent. We
try to keep our lives always awakened for Christ.
try to find ways to constantly have our lamps lit and ensure that we never
run out of oil for them.
Lord, make me an instrument
of your peace
- Where there is hatred...
let me sow love
- Where there is injury... pardon
- Where there is doubt... faith
- Where there is despair... hope
- Where there is darkness... light
- Where there is sadness... joy
- O, Divine Master,
- Grant that I may not so much seek
- To be consoled... as to console
- To be understood... as to understand,
- To be loved... as to love
- For it is in giving... that we receive,
- It is in pardoning, that we are pardoned,
- It is in dying... that we are born to eternal life.